MOUNT KINABALU CLIMB VIA FERRATA PACKAGE
|Categories||Sabahan (RM/ Per Pax)||Malaysian (RM/ Per Pax)||International (RM/ Per Pax)|
|2D1N Via Ferrata – Low’s Peak Circuit (LPC)||1,367||1,467||2,007|
|2D1N Via Ferrata – Walk The Torq (WTT)||1,087||1,267||1,847|
|3D2N Via Ferrata – LPC or WTT||1,807||2,107||2,727|
**Timings to be used as guidelines only
Kota Kinabalu / Kinabalu Park HQ / Pendant Hut
Pendant Hut / Low’s Peak / Pendant Hut
Pendant Hut / Kota Kinabalu
Via Ferrata is a great ways of exploring the hidden corners of Mount Kinabalu. No previous experience is necessary but you will need to have a good physical condition and no fear of height. Choose between two (2) via Ferrata routes – Walk The Torq (WTT) and Low’s Peak Circuit (LPC), and stay 1/ 2 nights at Pendant Hut.
WTT (at 3,520 above sea level) is designed for beginners and accessible for children aged 10 and above whilst LPC (at 3,776m above sea level) is more challenging and only for those aged 16 and above.
- Sharing vehicle for all transfers and sightseeing as per itinerary
- Accommodation at Pendant Hut (Non-Heated Dormitory Bunk-Bed Room)
– 2 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Supper (3D2N Package)
– 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Supper (2D1N Package)
- 1 Via Ferrata Activity – Walk The Torq (WTT) or Low’s Peak Circuit (LPC)
- Applicable entrance fee to the attractions visited as per itinerary
- Climbing Permit
- Climbing Insurance
- Mountain Guide
- English Speaking Guide
- Porter Fees
- Mountain Guide Overtime Charges
- Transportation Overtime Charges
- Outskirt Hotels Pick-Up and Drop Off Surcharge
- Tourism Tax (TTx)
- Camera and Video Fees
- Personal Toiletries
- Personal Travel Insurance
– Recommended to be insured from home country
- Any Airfares and Airport Departure Taxes
– Tips for local guide which will be at the total discretion of the guest as we don’t practice compulsory tipping policy
- Any expenses of personal in nature and not stated in the inclusion
- Tour guide is normally English speaking. Kindly enquire for availability should you require other language(s).
- Departure time from hotels is approximate and may be delayed due to traffic congestion. Should this happened, please contact the relevant telephone number as stated on the itinerary.
- Private vehicle/guide – Will be quoted upon request.
- Unscheduled boat transfer – Will be quoted upon request (subject to availability and weather condition).
- Subject to availability of sightseeing tours at the time of booking.
- Upon confirmation of reservations, a 50% deposit is required to secure the room/sightseeing tours. Balance of payment must be paid thirty (30) days prior to departure.
- Amendments or cancellation must be made in writing to Borneo Authentic Adventure Sdn. Bhd.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, making it impossible or inadvisable to proceed with the tour(s) due to (but not limited to) road, train, river, weather, or other natural shortcomings; Borneo Authentic Adventure Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to cancel, change or reschedule the trip/ routes/ timetables/ itineraries/ accommodation reserved. No resource or claims then can be made against us.
- All unused services and meals arrangements are non-refundable after the tour has commenced.
- Waterproof Backpack
- Warm Clothing
- Wind Breaker
- Extra Clothing and Socks
- Hand Glovers and Winter Hat
- Disposable Raincoats
- Head Torch (Compulsory)
- Personal Toiletries
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Energy Bars
- Hiking Trekking Pole
– Can be purchased at Timpohon Gate starting point (Koktas Grocery). Price around RM45-RM55 each. You can also rent one for RM10. Please ask your guide/mountain guide to assist you.
- Extra Ringgit Cash
– No credit card available at Laban Rata
- You are required to provide us a copy of your valid identification card/ passport once confirmed.
- Please bring your passport/ identification card during registration as it will be needed for verification.
- Check-out at Pendant Hut is at 1200hrs. Late check-out is subject to availability and surcharge.
- Engaging a mountain guide is compulsory to ensure your safety during your climb to Timpohon Gate-Laban Rata-Summit-Laban Rata-Timpohon Gate.
- Via Ferrata pre-activity briefing will be conducted between 1500-1600hrs on Day 1. All via ferrata climbers are required to attend the briefing.
- Your summit ascent will depend on the weather conditions that will be assessed by the Sabah Parks. They will not permit climbers to attempt the summit ascent should the weather conditions deem to be unsafe for the climber. Kindly be informed that there will be no refund should this situation happened.
- For your summit climb, if you reach Sayat-Sayat Checkpoint after 0500hrs, you will not be allowed to proceed to the summit.
- For your via Ferrata activity, you need to arrive to the starting point before 0715hrs for WTT and 0630hrs for LPC.
- On your final descent, RM15 per hour will be imposed if you fail to reach Timpohon Gate by 1600hrs. The fee needs to be paid directly to your mountain guide.
- You may bring extra sources of foods as the food provided is basic and simple.
- Please ensure you have 2-3 litres of water as drinking water is only available for purchase, and coffee/tea is only available free of charge during breakfast and supper.
- Average temperature range
– Kinabalu Park is 15°C-24°C
– Along the Timpohon – Summit trails is 6°C-14°C and sometimes drop to as low as 2°C in the morning
- Trekking duration (Timpohon Gate to Panalaban Base Camp)
– Fit Climber: 3-4 hours
– Average Climber: 5-6 hours
– Unfit Climber: 7-8 hours
- There will be no health checks conducted during climb registration. Please refrain from climbing if you have a history of suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe Anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, obesity, chronic asthma, muscular cramps, Hepatitis, or any disease which may hamper the climber.
- Your extra baggage can be stored at the Kinabalu Park HQ reception at RM12 per piece.
- Porters are available to hire and you may engage the porter at Kinabalu Park during climb registration. Porter fees as below:
|Porter Fees||Weight (KG)||Rate (RM)|
– Minimum weight is 10 kgs and additional weight will be charged based on daily rate per kg.
– The porter fees will be paid directly to the porter.
– Take note that the porters will not trek along with you, so keep all the necessities that you need with you.
Got a Question?
Do not hesitate to give us a call.
We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.