2D1N SELINGAN TURTLE ISLAND
|Categories||Price (RM/ Per Pax)|
|Single Supplement||add 150|
**Timings to be used as guidelines only
Sandakan / Turtle Island
Turtle Island / Sandakan Hotel or Airport
Selingan Island, fondly known as Turtle Island, lies 40km north of Sandakan in the Sulu Sea off Sabah’s east coast. The island hosts a turtle hatchery, tourist accommodation, and basic facilities. Turtle island is one of the three islands (Selingan, Bakungan Kecil, and Gulisan Islands) dedicated to the conservation of the endangered Green Turtle and Hawksbill Turtle. It is the only island that allows visitors to view turtle resting and hatchlings being released into the open sea. The best time to visit is between June to October every year as it’s the peak season for turtles to lay their eggs. Visitors still get to see the turtles come to lay their eggs on the beach every night outside peak season. However, it will not as many as during peak season and you may have to wait till midnight for its to come ashore.
- Sharing vehicle for all transfers and sightseeing as per itinerary
- Sharing boat transfers
- 1-Night accommodation
– Selingan Chalet (Twin Sharing)
– 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Applicable entrance fee to the attractions visited as per itinerary
– Conservation fee to Sabah Park
- English Speaking Guide
- Snorkelling Equipment Rental
- Camera and Video Fees
- Personal Toiletries
- Personal Travel Insurance
– Recommended to be insured from home country
- Any Airfares and Airport Departure Taxes
– Tips for local guide which will be at the total discretion of the guest as we don’t practice compulsory tipping policy
- Any expenses of personal in nature and not stated in the inclusion
- Tour guide is normally English speaking. Kindly enquire for availability should you require other language(s).
- Departure time from hotels is approximate and may be delayed due to traffic congestion. Should this happened, please contact the relevant telephone number as stated on the itinerary.
- Private vehicle/guide – Will be quoted upon request.
- Unscheduled boat transfer – Will be quoted upon request (subject to availability and weather condition).
- Subject to availability of sightseeing tours at the time of booking.
- Upon confirmation of reservations, a 50% deposit is required to secure the room/sightseeing tours. Balance of payment must be paid thirty (30) days prior to departure.
- Amendments or cancellation must be made in writing to Borneo Authentic Adventure Sdn. Bhd.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, making it impossible or inadvisable to proceed with the tour(s) due to (but not limited to) road, train, river, weather, or other natural shortcomings; Borneo Authentic Adventure Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to cancel, change or reschedule the trip/ routes/ timetables/ itineraries/ accommodation reserved. No resource or claims then can be made against us.
- All unused services and meals arrangements are non-refundable after the tour has commenced.
- Insect Repellent
- Personal Toiletries
- Sun Hat/Sun Glasses
- The boat departs daily at 1045hrs and there is only 1 boat transfer available per day.
- Boat journey to Selingan Island may not be suitable to individual who have (but not limited to) heart or lung conditions, recent surgery, back/ spinal surgery, back problems/ injury/ fracture, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, or other similar spinal/ pelvic diseases.
- Standard check-in: 1400hrs & Check-out: 1200hrs (May vary depending on each accommodation).
- Early check-in or late check-out are subject to availability and surcharge.
- Tourism Tax (TTx) – Effective 1st September 2017, foreign tourists will be charged a flat rate of RM10 per room per night. Please pay the TTx directly to your hotel/ resort/ lodge during your stay.
- Phone reception is low and often none at all.
- Please take note the following while snorkelling:
– Do not step on the corals; Keep your hands, fins, and other gears away from the corals; and do not turn over any rocks.
- Throughout the Turtle Program, the usage of flash-aided cameras is strictly not allowed to avoid stress for the creatures.
- Camera fee of RM10 will be charged even if you are taking photos with phone.
- Visitors are not allowed to be at the beach or do any island activities like swimming and snorkelling after 1700hrs.
Snorkelling Equipment Rental
|Mask, Snorkel, and Fin (1 set)||35|
|Mask and Snorkel||20|